"Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost"
~ Robert Frost
Recent Topics
Tagging
Username Post: Would You Shoot a Looter?        (Topic#15100)
Ben Sobieck
Probationary Member
11-08-12 04:42 AM - Post#109185    

The aftermath of Hurricane Sandy had looting once again rearing its ugly head. This article on GunDigest.com details more.

How would you react if you came across one or more looters on your property? Is it even possible to imagine without being in that situation?

Roland
Shooter/Master Member
11-08-12 09:47 AM - Post#109187    

In response to Ben Sobieck

I am used to canes here on the Space Coast of Florida. One of my plywood window panels says you loot we shoot. Yes I would shoot with no regret.
Hann Til Ragnarekg

locutus
11-09-12 03:17 AM - Post#109189    

In response to Roland

If I could possibly come up with a way to figure out that I was in any kind of danger, i would shoot without hesitation and without warning.
Take care of your weapon and your weapon will take care of you.

My heros wear dog tags

Hunterfisherman
Probationary Member
11-09-12 10:48 AM - Post#109190    

In response to locutus

I can see the ME's report now, "The looter with his hands tied behind his back and with multiple lacerations and blunt trauma wounds about the head and neck died of a single, self-inflicted gunshot wound to the right temple, removing almost the entire frontal lobe of the cerebrum. Death was instantaneous"

Roland
Shooter/Master Member
11-10-12 12:00 PM - Post#109215    

In response to Hunterfisherman

+1
Hann Til Ragnarekg

PAConstable1
Shooter/Master Member
11-21-12 10:00 PM - Post#109342    

In response to Hunterfisherman

• Hunterfisherman Said:
I can see the ME's report now, "The looter with his hands tied behind his back and with multiple lacerations and blunt trauma wounds about the head and neck died of a single, self-inflicted gunshot wound to the right temple, removing almost the entire frontal lobe of the cerebrum. Death was instantaneous"

You forget that our friend locutus was originally a Burg.
Therefore the MEs report should read "The.....died of a single, self-inflicted disrupter wound to the head, disintegrating the entire skull. The skull was replaced with a cybernetic copy. The body was assimilated".
School teaches us the Precious Metals are Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium.
Life teaches us they're really Brass, Copper, Lead and Steel.

PAConstable1
Shooter/Master Member
11-21-12 10:06 PM - Post#109343    

In response to locutus

• locutus Said:
If I could possibly come up with a way to figure out that I was in any kind of danger, i would shoot without hesitation and without warning.

"Of course I thought I was in danger officer.
I saw that hunk of rebar in his hand as soon he turned around and started coming in my direction.

Yes it does look like the other pieces of rebar stacked next to my garage.
Thats probably where he got it from."
School teaches us the Precious Metals are Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium.
Life teaches us they're really Brass, Copper, Lead and Steel.

scaatylobo
Shooter/Master Member
11-22-12 05:09 AM - Post#109346    

In response to Ben Sobieck

Prior to being an LEO for 26 years,I was working on an armored car for almost 3 years.

I decided then that I would not shoot/kill another over property,no matter the value [ unless its value was my life ].

It would have to be a matter of life or death for me to use [ without hesitation ] DPF.

Not saying I would not fire a 'warning shot' to see if that made them drop loot and run.

But I have seen enough death over stupid crap to understand the taking of life is too serious to ponder over a TV .
" A bad day living,beats a good day dead"

PistoleerCarly
Probationary Member
11-27-12 08:25 AM - Post#109394    

In response to scaatylobo

Yes without hesitation or regret, if on my property.
Carly Shaffer
NRA Life Time Member
Member of NRA Business Alliance
Office Manager- Pistoleer.com
618-288-4588
sales@pistoleer.com

locutus
11-29-12 08:46 AM - Post#109415    

In response to PAConstable1

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

(BTW, I am a BORG, a burg is a town in Germany! )

My heros wear dog tags

Jess
Shooter/Master Member
11-30-12 01:52 AM - Post#109422    

In response to locutus

• locutus Said:
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

(BTW, I am a BORG, a burg is a town in Germany! )

Actually - a "burg" is a (war) castle. In Europe - and in Germany in this case - many areas were defended by "burgs" which were small castles used for defense. As towns arose around these defensive structures - they eventually became part of the name - such as Heidelburg. The larger royal castles where kings etc. lived were called a schloss. The Walt Disney castle he copied for Disney Land was based upon Schloss Neuschwanstenstein which was built by King Ludwig II near the Austrian border. He died before it was complete. I visited it when I was in Germany.

locutus
12-01-12 11:20 AM - Post#109427    

In response to Jess

So did I!

what a magnificent thing it is.

My heros wear dog tags

shaker
Shooter/Member
12-06-12 11:56 AM - Post#109479    

In response to locutus

I figure on shooting lots of them, actually, if shtf, and property has nothing to do with it. Also, how is anyone supposed to know if you are alive or dead, and those "posted" signs mean jack squat, pray tell? :-)

Northerner
Probationary Member
02-20-13 05:46 PM - Post#110746    

In response to shaker

if they were on my property i would take no chances, shoot first and ask questions later.

in this day and age you really cant take chances, its a sad thing but the nicest looking person with a good disposition can have the worst intentions on his mind so you really have to ask yourself if you want to take a chance and trust someone when the stiff hairs on the back of your neck are telling you different!

now if a person were robbing a store after a disaster and had an arm full of clothes or bottled water i would probably give them a pass. but if that person was coming out of a store with an arm full of tv's i would have to hold them for the police unless they got frisky and tried something stupid!
+ When they come to take our guns, be sure to give em the lead first! +

tanner
Probationary Member
02-16-14 02:19 PM - Post#111760    

In response to Northerner

if you leave a body around to be found, leave DNA or prints, don't have a hood on your head when you do anything of the kind, expect the kind of hell that Zimmerman went thru (and will go thru for the rest of his life, most likely). Somebody will catch you on a camphone, and you'll be meat for the grinder.

R1ENHANCED
Probationary Member
07-15-14 07:26 AM - Post#111949    

In response to tanner

I would do everything I could to stop the looting. If it would escalate to violence, i would make sure I'm victorious.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.137 seconds.   Total Queries: 287   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-12.0). Current time is 09:38 AM